When we released the Stratocaster in 1954, we didn't set out to create a classic-but we did. The Stratocaster's sleek style, articulate sound and plethora of innovations redefined electric guitar and opened up a brave new world of musical possibilities. The American Original '50s Stratocaster maintains Fender's legendary original-era style and ground-breaking tone, while adding modern feel and pickup switching.
The wax-potted Pure Vintage '59 single-coil Stratocaster pickups are as period-correct as possible, from the Formvar-coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. The thick "Soft V" neck profile is perfect for chording, while the 9.5"-radius fingerboard enhances playability. Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware-including a six-point synchronized tremolo bridge-vintage-style hardshell case and a lacquer finish that not only lets the wood "breathe" naturally, it also ages in a distinctively appealing way.
The American Original '50s Stratocaster is the best way to experience the performance, style and tone that made Fender a household name among guitarists.
- Model Name : American Original '50s Stratocaster®, Maple Fingerboard, White Blonde
- Model # : 110112801
- Series : American Original
- Color : White Blonde
- Body : Ash
- Body Finish : Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape : Stratocaster®
- Neck Material : Maple
- Neck Finish : Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape : Soft "V"
- Scale Length : 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard : Maple
- Fingerboard Radius : 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets : 21
- Frets Size : Vintage Tall
- String Nut : Bone
- Nut Width : 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays : Black Dots
- Truss Rods : Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Bridge Pickup : Pure Vintage '59 Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup : Pure Vintage '59 Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup : Pure Vintage '59 Single-Coil Strat
- Controls : Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching : 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup Position 3. Middle Pickup Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration : SSS
- Bridge : Pure Vintage 6-Saddle Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish : Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines : Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- Pickguard : 1-Ply Eggshell
- Control Knobs : Eggshell
- Strings : Fender® USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Dimensions : 6.4x17.5x43.8 IN
- Weight : 23.8 LB