Call Support Now
The Gallien-Krueger Fusion 550 is GK's first bass amp head featuring an all-tube preamp. The Fusion 550 bass head incorporates a uniquely designed 6-stage tube preamp paired with a 500W version of the high-current solid-state power amp used in the GK 1001RB-II. The rich warmth of tubes, combined with the quick, punchy power that G-K bass amps are known for, is an aural experience you must hear to believe.
As if that wasn't enough, GK has inventively incorporated motorized knobs into the Fusion 550 head that allow you to store two different settings. This gives you the ability to dial in a separate overdrive or slap tone and footswitch between them-a first for a fully analog bass amplifier.
The Fusion 550 amp also features a simplified version of GK's exclusive 50-W Horn Bi-Amp System. Dial in the horn where you like it, and as you adjust your volume with the master control, the ratio between the woofer and tweeter is preserved. Other features include a tube driven 4-band active EQ and voicing filters with a frequency select for the contour control. The rear panel features include Neutrik Speakon and 1/4" speaker output jacks, effects loop, tuner out, and a footswitch input jack. It also has a DI output which uses an isolated transformer for ultra-quiet operation.
* Power Amp
* 500-watt Class G solidstate power amp
* 50-watt Horn Bi-Amp System
* Toroidal transformer
* Pre Amp
* Six-stage all tube preamp (three 12AX7's)
* Footswitchable two-channel motorized gain, master, and horn level controls
* Tube driven four-band active EQ
* Contour control with 500Hz-800Hz mid-frequency select
* Deep and bright switch
* Mute switch
* 1/4" input jack with active/passive switch (-14dB)
* Rear Panel
* Effects loop & tuner output
* Active DI with level control, pre/post, and ground switch
* Two Horn Bi-Amp compatible Speakon outputs
* Two 1/4" speaker outputs (fullrange only)
* Rear-vented temperature controlled fan